Official Release: Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will tour Canada from May 20 to 23, 3012, visiting four communities in three provinces. This will be the 16th time His Royal Highness has toured Canada. His most recent tour was in 2009. This will be the second tour to Canada for Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall.
The program will highlight Canadians’ service to their communities, in recognition of which The Prince of Wales will present The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will visit:
- Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Gagetown, Oromocto, New Brunswick (May 21)
- Saint John, New Brunswick (May 21)
- Toronto, Ontario (May 21 and 22)
- Regina, Saskatchewan (May 22 and 23)
Opportunities for Canadians to see Their Royal Highnesses will be at the following events:
- Official welcome to Canada at CFB Gagetown in Oromocto on May 21
- Victoria Day Celebration in Saint John, New Brunswick on May 21
- Arrival at Queen’s Park in Toronto, on May 22
- Arrival at the Saskatchewan Legislature on May 23
- Arrival at the First Nations University in Regina on May 23
In addition to these public opportunities, there are several highlights of this tour:
- Victoria Day fireworks in Toronto on May 21
- A meeting with chief executives and youth who have participated in The Prince’s Charities Seeing is Believing program in Canada on May 22
- A meeting with young veterans and mentors involved in the Military Entrepreneurship summer school at CFB Gagetown on May 21
- A meeting with the National Leadership of Assembly of First Nations in Toronto on May 22
- A first visit for Her Royal Highness to the Queen’s Own Rifles—she has just become Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment—in Toronto on May 22
- A special military event that will commemorate the War of 1812 in Toronto on May 22
- A celebration of the centennial of Regina’s Legislative Building on May 23
- A performance by the Regina Symphony Orchestra of which His Royal Highness is a Royal Patron in Regina on May 23.
The theme of the 2012 Royal Tour is “For Queen and Country: Service to Canada—A Royal and a National Value.” Source: Government of Canada: http://www.pch.gc.ca/eng/1335470669033/1335471159074